Info on Accounts
One more week until the new map drops, Crewmates!
I wanted to jump in and quickly explain the account system that'll be launching with the map, since I'm going to assume once the update launches very few people are going to read the dev log, lol.
INFORMATION ON ACCOUNTS
Right now accounts are focused on reporting and moderation capabilities, but in the future we hope to add a friend system and the ability to transfer your cosmetics between devices. Cool? Cool!
You will be able to report if someone in the game is acting inappropriately, including: inappropriate names, inappropriate chat, cheating/hacking, and harassment/misconduct. Consequences can range from temporary to permanent bans (including alternate accounts).
- Note that reports will be read by people (not bots!) and you will need to provide a reason as to why you are reporting.
- No linking of multiple accounts yet (Steam account is only on Steam, Epic account is only on Epic, etc.) It’ll be coming soon though.
- You must create an account to access free chat (without it you will have to use Quick Chat for safety!)
- You must create an account to freely change your display name. If you do not create an account, there will be randomized names you can choose from.
- Usernames are not exclusive. Multiple people can have the same username. (So if you take the username "PuffballsUnited", other people can still use "PuffballsUnited".)
- If you are under the minimum age of digital consent in your country (for most countries 13 is the minimum age), you have to get a parent/guardian's permission to access free chat (which then allows you to create an account), or change your display name.
- Without an account (or if you're a minor who doesn't want to ask your parent/guardian for approval), you can still play via Guest Mode. This locks you to Quick Chat and doesn't allow you to change your name other than with a randomly generated name.
- A corresponding Code of Conduct will be available on our website that outlines the expectations for our community and consequences.
The launch of an age gate, Quick Chat and an accounts system that requires children to obtain a parent/guardian's permission to use free chat or change their display names are all our initial efforts towards making it more safe for children to play Among Us, and comply with various global requirements in the process. Thanks for sticking with us!
Note on Bugs
We know there are still a few bugs from our last update (e.g. Nintendo Switch having public lobby connection issues, certain Android devices still having shadow glitches, game ending improperly, and more.) The map drop will come with patches to the biggest problems, and hopefully won't create anymore huge ones.
Random Fun Bit
We showed off two of the new, free hats that'll be coming with the Airship update. Angry eyebrows and Unicorn hat!
There are still a few more to show off on Twitter as we lead up to the map drop.
There will also be an Airship Skin Pack you can buy along with the game. It'll include 3 new skins (one of which has a custom kill animation) and 13 new hats! You've probably spotted quite a few of them in the opening to the Airship's trailer.
See you in a week! Pray our servers don't die haha agh.
Victoria and the Innersloth team