Among Us’ 3rd Birthday & 15 Player Lobbies!
IT’S AMONG US’ BIRTHDAYYYYYYYYYYYY!
On June 15th 2018, we released Among Us... as a local, mobile only game with just a few players. And now in 2021, not only is the game out on PC, Nintendo Switch, mobile and soon Xbox and PlayStation, but we also have this GIANT community of Crewmates and Impostors all over the world???
You really showed up!!
To celebrate, 15 player lobbies are OUT NOW, which includes things like:
- An improved art style (subtle, but cleaner and easier for us to animate) - 4K BEAN GRAPHICS ARE THE FUTURE.
- 6 brand new colors: Tan, Gray, Banana, Rose, Maroon, and Coral -- I have seen absolute blood baths in the comments section of people claiming Rose and Banana for their mains. Be safe out there. The pastel stans are thirsty for their cute colours, and rightfully so. (Also I know these colours are not super colourblind friendly - we want to move away from colours being the main way people identify Crewmates, so hang tight!)
- Mobile controller support -- Yay!
- A new kill screen meeting menu that indicates who died between rounds -- Yeah that's right I know you don't keep track of who dies!! This is a call out to you Steve. (I don't know a Steve but whoever is named Steve must be really freaked out right now.)
- Ability to honk horn added to The Airship 😀 If you have the “Stabilize Steering” task, bop the horn to honk it. Most important update in my humble opinion.
A big change on Android (Google Play Store, specifically) are the additional downloads that are required after you launch the game for the first time. This is because we separated the map assets out from the base game to make the initial download size smaller.
And various bug fixes:
- The shop works in multiple languages again
- Right Hand Man skin kill animation makes the WEEEEH sound again
- Kick/Ban icon remains persistent on screen if chat is open after voting ends
- Made it more clear you can change the chat type (Free Chat VS Quick Chat) in the game settings if you are logged in
- Various localization fixes
- Players will stop moving when meetings are called
Whew! Wondering what's next? Make sure you check out the Among Us Roadmap to see what our plans are.